French Beef Patties in Red Wine
- 85g Butter
- 2 red onions, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 650g Beef Mince (Go Grass Fed Organic!)
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 50g Almond Flour (optional)
- 150mm Red Wine
- Melt 25g of butter in a frying pan, adding onions and garlic and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes until onion is softened. Transfer into a bowl and add the beef, oregano, parsley and egg and add salt/pepper to taste. Mix well with your hands (be careful, the butter may be hot!)
- Shape into patties and dust with a bit of the Almond Flour (if you like)
- Melt 30g of butter and olive of oil in a frying pan. Add the patties and cook 3-4minutes each side. Remove the patties and cover to keep warm.
- Add red wine to the frying pan and bring to a boil over a med-high heat. Boil until reduced by about half. Meanwhile, dice the remaining butter, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, making sure each piece has been incorporated before add the next.
- Pour the sauce over the patties, garnish with some parsley and serve immediately.