Breakfast, the most important meal of the day, time to eat a meal with lots of compex carbohydrates, sugars, big old glass of OJ…
It really scares me how much I held that as a rock steady belief. These days breakfast is a lot simpler. I rarely spend more than 10minutes preparing and eating breakfast, and this gives me more time in the morning to relax, read some emails or do some writing.
My life is horribly hectic. Any few minutes I can save for myself are invaluable, as I am sure they are for you. Do you want to leave for work or school in a bad rushed mood, or do you want go clear and relaxed.
So here are my favourite 10min Paleo Breakfasts in no particular order.
- Coffee with 6 Dollups of Heavy Cream (360 Cal, 40g Fat, 1.4g Carb, 1.3g Protein). This is probably my favourite.
- Chorizo Sausage and 4 Eggs. (705 Cal, 57g Fat, 4g Carb, 44.4g Protein). To save time, I slice up the sausage, and let it cook for a couple minutes on both sides, then crack the eggs on top of it and then mix it all together.
- Coconut Milk and Whey Protein Powder – (790 Cal, 70g Fat, 9g Carb, 31.8gProtein). I have this normally on my non-training days. It gives me energy to last until dinner sometimes.
- Leftovers. I nearly always cook a little too much for dinner just to have something to nibble on the next morning.
- Cup of Cottage Cheese and an apple or other fruit. Normally have this as a post-run meal. Cottage Cheese has a bit of BCAA’s in it which is good for post workout.
- Nothing. If the last meal you had was dinner the day before and you don’t eat until lunch, that’s a good 18hr fast. If you are into intermittent fasting this is a nice little fast you can do to regulate your insulin levels, especially if you had a huge dinner the night before! (I think everyone should have add a little bit of fasting to their schedule)
So there you have it. My favourite quick paleo breakfasts. On the weekends I generally go a bit harder as I have more time to cook, but these quick meals are sure tasty, and make me feel great.
What are your favourite paleo breakfasts? Small or large share them in the comments!