I am a big proponent of intermittent fasting. I skip breakfast most days, and train fasted when I can. I try to do a full 24hr fast once every other week, but generally will float around a 14-16hr fast daily. Training fasted I feel better, more energetic, and have put some serious gains on all my lifts. Fasting has seriously changed my life!
Yesterday during a 16hr fast, I was thinking, there is no reason why this approach to fasting could not be applied to other forms of consumption. There is no reason why I couldn’t do a 24hr fast on say, using the internet, or a 24hr fast of absolutely no TV.
I have this nagging habit of getting lost looking at random articles on wikipedia, or scouring forums for sometimes hours on end. I often do this on the weekends, when I should be enjoying the time I have away from the computer (my work requires me to stare at a screen for 8hrs of the day).
So I few fasts I am going to try:
- No Tv Fast. (1 Week without TV)
- No Internet Fast. (1 day without the internet on the weekend)
- Coffee Fast (2 x 24hr Fasts of zero coffee)
- Video Game Fast (1 Week without Videogames)
- Health Info Fast (1 Week without looking at any new blogposts/articles/studies on health)